Stay close with loved ones while practicing social distancing.
During this time of social distancing, most of us have turned to video chat platforms to stay in touch with friends and family. Platforms such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, and Houseparty have become the norm for all our nights spent in. While yes, we do agree that having great conversations over video has made us all closer, sometimes we just have the need to feel a bit of normalcy again. And because we still can’t find toilet paper at the store, normality (from what we had before) is not coming back any time soon. Therefore, we have to find other ways to fill this void.
You’re in luck because we’ve put together a list of 5 fun ideas for your next virtual date with friends and family that’ll have things feeling as if everything’s back to normal. And the first step to normalcy—aside from this list of ideas—is to get out of those clothes you’ve been wearing for a week and dress for the occasions we’ve listed below. Because putting on a comfy dress, a nice top, or even your ‘going out’ look, does wonders for the soul and will put you in good spirits.
1. This Friday night is game night. Get your pals altogether for a fun-filled virtual game night. There’s an abundance of online games you can play via computer or app that are fully cooperative. JackBox games is a personal favorite, but there’s plenty of other options, such as online trivia games and even board games.
2. Organize a book club. If there was ever a moment to catch up on reading a book—the one you swore you were going to finish six months ago—it’s now. There’s plenty of time to read whatever you want. And what better way to keep you motivated than to have weekly book club meetings with your friends so you can dish and gossip about what you just read.
3. Go to the movies. Well, not exactly. But it’s easy enough to make it feel like you’re at the movies. Grab those snacks you’d otherwise be sneaking in your purse and round up your friends for a movie night on Netflix Party.
4. Have a happy hour. Longing for some much-needed talk with your girlfriends? Having a virtual happy hour will do the trick. Make your favorite cocktail (or a quarantini) and sit and relax as your friends discuss “important” topics such as, ‘did Carole Baskin really feed her husband to the tigers?’.
5. Did someone say camping? Set up a camping spot right in your living room. Bring your sleeping bag, tons of blankets and pillows, and your computer so you can virtually camp with friends. Broil smores in the oven and tell scary stories all night to make it feel like the real thing.
Which virtual date idea are you going to try first? Let us know in the comments below!
Stay safe & healthy.